The Mighty Mason Jar and a Few of the Things that Fill It

I have been using Mason jars to house so many things these days and I wanted to share a few of  my soap recipes here. Maybe some day I will can again... my last attempt at strawberry jam resulted in a wonderful strawberry syrup, which my ten year old asks to make every year! Anyway... here are some of my new ideas that do not require a water bath, or fruit pectin!

First up, liquid laundry soap.

Ingredients

  • Hot Water (2 cups)
  • Baking Soda (1 cup)
  • Salt (1/3 cup)
  • Castile Soap (1 cup)
  • Essential Oils (10 drops)

Directions

Place the first three ingredients in jar and shake well. Then add the Castile soap and essential oil (optional for fragrance). The ingredients settle and this must be shaken or stirred before using. 

I also enjoy using dry laundry soap. This recipe is so basic and simple. I do not add the essential oil to mine. Thanks to my sister for this one. 

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c Baking Soda
1 1/2 c Washing Soda
1/2 c Epsom Salt
2 Tbsp Salt
A few drops of essential oil for fragrance (optional)
Directions:
Add all ingredients into a food processor and process until combined.  Store in a container (I store mine in a mason jar), and use 1-2 tbsp per load.
Finally, I have begun making liquid hand soap. I got these handy lids on amazon for super cheap and according to the item description, they are "super cute for the farmhouse kitchen, bathroom and laundry room". The soap is super easy to make. A friend mentioned how easy it is to make... that's all it took for me. 


Ingredients:  

 liquid Castile Soap
tap water
5-10 drops of Grape Seed Oil

Directions: 

Fill the jar  3/4 of the way full with water from the tap then add the Castile soap. -If you add the castile soap first, you will have a bubbly mess on your hands.- Drop in the grape seed oil and you're done. 

 Mason jars!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No other gods

Waldo Canyon Fire

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like...